Each year, we choose three teachers to give a full year scholarship to. These teachers are chosen from an easy two minute video submission through FlipGrid. This year, the chosen teachers will receive a free subscription (2019-2020 school year) to the Simplify Writing program, plus early access to the membership at the end of April.
First time hearing about this program? Watch the February Sneak Peek video below for more info!
Please read this entire page before you apply!
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a full time 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. New teachers with contracts for next year are welcome!
- Be teaching in the U.S. The curriculum is aligned to these standards.
- Teach writing and have the time to implement this curriculum.
Teachers who recieve the scholarship this year must agree to:
- Sign the scholarship contract.
- Create their free account within 5 days of acceptance.
- Provide both text and video feedback within 14 days of registering.
- The above three items are estimated to be about a 2 hour time commitment.
Step 1: Join the Waitlist (Use Your Personal E-mail)
Skip this step if you already get notified of our updates. Do not use your school e-mail!
Step 2: Submit Your Video
Click here to submit your video on FlipGrid. The time limit is 2 minutes, so be concise. You can make this video from anywhere using FlipGrid - it's easy! Tell me your name, about your classroom, and what getting access to the Simplify Writing Membership would mean to you and your classroom.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
No late applications will be accepted. Applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the application close date.
Step 3 (Optional): Follow Me on Instagram
Instagram is where I share membership updates and behind the scenes info. If you have an Instagram account, follow me to get updates on the scholarship program. If you talk about Simplify Writing, please tag me and use #simplifywriting, so people can easily find your post!